The Krups Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is a coffee maker that should appeal to all lovers of espresso and design. For this model, the brand has opted for a clean and modern design that adapts to all spaces.
In addition to this, it has taken care to provide the machine with a wide range of innovative features that allow it to deliver coffees very rich in taste and aromas in record time.
The sleek design, the electric colors as well as the cup rendering of the Pixie Nespresso will certainly make you fall in love with it.
So take the time to read this article to find out more about it. We will also give you our sincere opinion of the machine.
- How is the design of the Krups Nespresso Pixie?
- Advantages of Nespresso Pixie
- What you get with Nespresso Krups Pixie coffee machine?
- How to use Nespresso Pixie?
- How to clean your Nespresso Pixie coffee machine?
- How to descale Nespresso Pixie? (Descaling Nespresso Pixie)
- The technical characteristics of the Nespresso Pixie
- The strengths of the Nespresso Pixie
- The weak points of the Nespresso Pixie
- Best capsules for Nespresso Pixie coffee maker
- Tips for Pixie Nespresso machine
- Nespresso Pixie Vs Nespresso CitiZ
- Which model is right for you?
- Is Nespresso Krups Pixie good for you? (Who should buy Nespresso Pixie?)
- What is the price of the Krups Nespresso Pixie?
- Where to buy the Nespresso Pixie?
- Final Words : Nespresso Pixie review
How is the design of the Krups Nespresso Pixie?
Modern design and perfect finishes
The Nespresso Pixie coffee maker has been designed and developed to convince you from the first glance.
In fact, it is adorned with an original design that combines modernity and aesthetics. Its clean lines are drawn in a vintage spirit and its black coloring brings out its aluminum walls which are very pleasant to look at. Also it brings an elegant and sophisticated touch to your kitchen.
This machine is available in several colors to satisfy everyone’s tastes. In addition to having a beautiful look, the Pixie Nespresso machine is compact. It is 11.1cm wide, 32.6cm long and 23.5cm high. It takes very little space and you can install it in small places.
Its water tank is quite small with a maximum capacity of 0.7 liters. This is still enough to make 6 long coffees and 10 short coffees.
So you don’t have to always top up the tank. The Nespresso Pixie espresso maker includes indicator lights that tell you when the tank is empty.
In addition, you should know that the Nespresso Krups Pixie has a cup rest that can be placed at two different heights. You can therefore use both small and large cups (mugs, macchiato glasses, etc.).
Krups Nespresso Pixie : An almost perfect coffee machine
With the Nespresso Pixie machine, you are guaranteed to taste exceptional coffees. Indeed, the quality is always there, unless you forget to descale your coffee maker in time.
This machine is equipped with a high pressure system of 19 bars which allows it to extract approximately 900 aromas of coffee and as a bonus a smooth and delicious cream.
Thanks to this high pressure, the brewing process is always perfect, and so is the extraction. The result is therefore intense flavors.
Note that you can choose the flavors according to your tastes or your mood. This is possible, because a wide choice of Nespresso capsules available to you.
An ultra-fast coffee machine (Nespresso Pixie Reviews)
Tests have shown the Nespresso Pixie is a fast coffee maker. The machine has an ultra-fast Thermoblock system that allows it to be ready for use in less than 25 seconds.
Pixie is certainly the fastest of the Nespresso machines. It delivers you a tasty crema espresso in record time (around 25 to 30 seconds).
Now you can brew coffee rich in taste and aroma, the way you like them.
Does the Krups Pixie have any innovative features? (Pixie Features)
In addition to the 19 bar pump and the Thermobloc heating system, the Nespresso Pixie incorporates many other innovative and cutting-edge features.
- This machine has an energy saving mode. It automatically goes into standby after 9 minutes of non-use, which makes it a great economic and ecological advantage.
- Secondly, the Pixie Nespresso machine comes with a backlight function that emits a light when the coffee maker is ready to use or when there is no more water in the tank.
- This electric coffee maker has 2 buttons with automatic shut-off. The first button allows you to brew espresso (40 ml), while the second allows you to extract a long coffee (110 ml).
- As you can see, you just need to press a button to adjust the length of the cup. As for the coffee flow, it stops naturally as soon as the pre-selected length is reached.
Advantages of Nespresso Pixie
Ease of use
- The Nespresso Pixie is a coffee machine that you will not stop admiring. Not only is it beautiful and modern, it is also easy to use.
- It has an intelligent alert system that alerts you when the water tank is not full enough.
- It got automatic functions with which the user can easily choose the size and the type of coffee to be extracted.
- Once you make your choice, the extraction starts and stops automatically when the chosen size is reached.
How to maintain a Pixie machine?
You need to descale your Pixie Nespresso frequently to extend its life and to get great coffee, day after day.
To do this, simply use the user manual that comes with the machine. You can also follow videos on the Nespresso website or on YouTube.
How much electricity needed for a Nespresso Pixie?
The Nespresso Pixie machine is energy efficient. It consumes less power than coffee makers which grind grains. And as announced by the manufacturer, its electric power is 1260 Watts.
But that’s not all, this coffee machine is also equipped with an automatic standby function which activates after 9 minutes of non-use.
When the coffee maker is on standby, its power consumption is zero. Sleep mode therefore makes this machine particularly economical.
Pixie Nespresso is also classified in the range of “eco friendly” household appliances.
Does a Pixie machine make noise?
Unfortunately it is not the strong point of the Nespresso Pixie Krups. Its sound level of 60 decibels is higher than the average.
Durability of a Nespresso Pixie
You don’t have to worry about the long life of the Nespresso Pixie machine. With its metal construction, this coffee maker is really made to last. In addition, it comes with a 2-year warranty.
What you get with Nespresso Krups Pixie coffee machine?
In order to offer the best experience to its customers, the Nespresso brand has chosen to deliver the Pixie model with:
- A user manual
- An explanatory leaflet
- A set of 14 capsules to allow lovers of good coffee to discover many flavors
- A 2-year warranty.
How to use Nespresso Pixie?
One of the biggest strengths of the Nespresso Pixie is its ease of use. To prepare your coffee, all you have to do is turn on the machine, insert the capsule in the slot and press the button that corresponds to the size or type of coffee of your choice (coffee long or short coffee).
Coffee extraction starts immediately and ends automatically when the chosen size is reached.
It is strongly recommended to eject the capsule at the end of the extraction to prevent any residual drops from continuing to flow.
As for the coffee maker, it will turn off by itself 9 minutes after preparation and a light signal will warn you if the water tank is ever dry.
How to clean your Nespresso Pixie coffee machine?
You can keep your Nespresso Pixie machine in good condition as long as possible, be sure to clean it well after each use.
To clean the coffee machine eject the used capsule, empty the capsule collection tray and wash the parts of the coffee maker with a clean sponge and washing-up liquid.
Do not forget to carry out these different tasks regularly to always keep the new appearance of the machine.
Suggested Read : The 5 Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machines
How to descale Nespresso Pixie? (Descaling Nespresso Pixie)
Not only do you have to clean your Nespresso Pixie frequently, it is also important that you carry out the descaling at regular intervals to remove the lime that gets stuck in the pipes.
Descaling takes around twenty minutes and is done using a Nespresso descaling kit.
The descaling kit is effective and cheaper. It is better to invest in the descaling kit instead of using white vinegar to descale your Nespresso Krups Pixie.
Indeed, even if the white vinegar drives out the lime, it also contains acetic acid which in the long run will destroy all the technological components of the coffee maker.
Descaling Nespresso Pixie Step by Step :
- To descale a Nespresso Pixie, you must first make sure that there are no coffee capsules inside and place a large container on the drip tray (or you can remove it, if you have need more space).
- Add 500ml of water and the Nespresso descaling solution to the tank, press both buttons (espresso and lungo) for 3 seconds.
- Now press the lungo button to start the cycle.
- When the flow is complete, fill the reservoir with the used solution and repeat the cycle.
- Empty and rinse the water tank, fill it with fresh water and run another cycle.
- At the end, don’t forget to press both buttons at the same time to stop the descaling mode.
The technical characteristics of the Nespresso Pixie
- Weight: 2.7 Kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 23.5 x 11.1 x 32.6 cm
- Pressure: 19 bars
- Power: 1260 Watts
- Voltage: 230 Volts
- Tank capacity: 0.7 liter
- Capsule collector capacity: 11 capsules
- Sound level: 60 dB
The strengths of the Nespresso Pixie
- Ultra-modern look and clean finishes
- Coffee rich in taste and aromas
- Water level detection
- 2 different coffee sizes
- Automatic shut-off after 9 minutes
- Fast heating
- Low energy consumption.
The weak points of the Nespresso Pixie
- Short power cable
- High noise level.
Best capsules for Nespresso Pixie coffee maker
The Nespresso Pixie Krups coffee maker is compatible with a large number of capsules. Coffee lovers can choose the flavors according to their taste or mood.
- If you buy original Nespresso capsules, you have the choice between the Capriccio, Livanto and Volluto capsules.
- Capriccio capsules are light and sour while Livanto capsules are round and balanced. As for Volluto capsules, they are very popular for their softness.
- You can also turn to the Lungo range which offers a wide choice of capsules. Fortission Lungo capsules are full-bodied and rich.
- Vivalto Lungo capsules are also full-bodied, but balanced; Vivalto Lungo Decaffeinato capsules are light and tasty and finally Linizio Lungo capsules are round and thin.
- Also note that the Nespresso Krups Pixie will be delivered to you with a welcome pack containing 16 Nespresso Grands Crus capsules. You can try all flavors to find your preference.
Can you put the Nespresso pods in the recycling bin?
No, you cannot put Nespresso pods in the recycling bin. To recycle them, you have to take them to one of their collection points (they have over 100,000 of them worldwide) or use their courier and post services.
Tips for Pixie Nespresso machine
There are a few rules that you should absolutely follow to optimize the life of your Krups Pixie and to ensure that it always delivers great tasting coffees.
- Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Clean your Pixie Nespresso properly and regularly
- Descale the coffee maker at regular intervals
- Avoid regularly using white vinegar to descale your Nespresso Krups Pixie
- Choose the capsules carefully.
Nespresso Pixie Vs Nespresso CitiZ
At a glance, these two Nespresso models can seem almost identical in style and functionality. If you see the product specifications, it can be very difficult to find what sets them apart.
However, there are 6 key differences that are worth understanding before you pull the trigger and make the final purchase.
- Water tank: CitiZ has a larger tank
- Empty tank detection: Pixie has a red light, CitiZ has nothing
- Exterior: The two units differ in design style; Pixie has an aluminum exterior
- Capsule loading: CitiZ has fewer moving parts with a drop-and-done loading system
- Cord Length: CitiZ has a longer cord
- Dimensions and weight: Pixie is smaller and more compact
Which model is right for you?
Choose the Nespresso Pixie if you don’t mind the small water tank, if you really like the design, or if you want to save money.
Choose the Nespresso CitiZ if you like the larger water tank or if you really like the design. While prices do fluctuate, this machine will generally be more expensive than the Pixie, and ultimately they do the same.
Is Nespresso Krups Pixie good for you? (Who should buy Nespresso Pixie?)
The Nespresso Pixie is largely popular among people who are interested in tasting many varieties of coffee as well as different flavors. Indeed, a wide choice of capsules awaits you with this machine.
In addition, the ultra-fast heating system of the Krups Pixie coffee maker delivers hot and delicious espresso in just 25 seconds.
It is perfectly suited to the needs of large families and businesses, as there is no waiting between cups.
Note that this machine is particularly aimed at espresso coffee lovers. For those who don’t know, Nespresso coffee makers are currently the only ones that allow you to get real espresso.
This is unfortunately not the case with filter coffee makers or Senseo machines.
What is the price of the Krups Nespresso Pixie?
At the moment, you need a budget of around 200 € to get the Nespresso Pixie coffee maker on Amazon UK and in USA you can buy a Nespresso machine at a budget of $170 to $190. I suggest you to check out personally. Prices can always get changed.
I must admit, for a Nespresso brand coffee machine, this model offers excellent value for money.
Also note that Nespresso capsules are only available in Nespresso stores or online. No need to go to a supermarket. A Nespresso capsule costs around 35 cents.
Where to buy the Nespresso Pixie?
The Krups Nespresso Pixie is available in stores and at online merchants. You can find it at the leading e-commerce company Amazon.
Final Words : Nespresso Pixie review
The Nespresso Pixie machine is ideal for people who appreciate real espresso. Indeed, the innovative features of the machine allow it to deliver exceptional coffees in just 25 seconds.
Comparing with the service you get, the Pixie Nespresso is sold at a quite correct price. It presents excellent value for money.
With the Nespresso Krups Pixie you are guaranteed to get maximum satisfaction, except for the fact that it is a bit noisy. In short, it is without hesitation that we recommend it to all those who love good coffee!