Are you looking for a coffee machine that is easy to use and can be stored anywhere? If so, don’t miss out on the Nespresso Essenza Mini. Read Krups Essenza Mini Review to know more.
This model is the smallest of the range of Nespresso coffee makers. It has been thought out and designed to be compact and ergonomic.
But all this minimalism in no way affects the quality of the coffee. Indeed, like the other models in the range, this little gem benefits from a 19 bar high-pressure pump which allows it to deliver real espressos.
If you like good espresso, it is obvious that the Essenza Mini Nespresso coffee maker can meet your expectations in several areas.
Take the time to read our FULL test to discover in more detail the features, strengths, and weaknesses of this famous coffee machine.
- Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini (A compact design with neat finishes)
- Finest quality coffee (Krups Essenza Mini Review)
- Nespresso Essenza Mini Speed
- Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini Advantages
- How to maintain Krups Essenza Mini
- Accessories and additional modules of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
- How to use Nespresso Essenza Mini?
- How to clean and descale the Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini?
- Strengths of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Weak points of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Tips for Essenza Mini Nespresso (Get most out of Essenza Mini)
- Why do you need to descale your Nespresso Krups Essenza Mini coffee maker?
- Nespresso Mini Essenza vs Nespresso Inissia
- Final thoughts : Krups Espresso Machine Mini
Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini (A compact design with neat finishes)
What we notice first with the Nespresso Essenza Mini is its ultra-compact design for a small footprint.
Indeed, it is the smallest Nespresso machine ever created. It is 8.4cm wide, 20.4cm high and 33cm deep. It weighs only 2.3 Kg and is perfectly suited for small kitchens.
The water tank is removable with a maximum capacity of 0.6 L. This reduced capacity does not prevent you from producing 4 long coffees per day.
The reservoir is easy to access and located at the back of the coffee maker. The bin can hold up to 6 used capsules.
The white color of the Krups Essenza Mini divinely accentuates its beauty as well as its discreet character. But if you prefer, you can also opt for other colors (flint gray, ebony black, ruby red, or lime green).
Suggested Read : 6 Best Espresso Machine Amazon Selling
Finest quality coffee (Krups Essenza Mini Review)
As stated a little above, the pressure of 19 bars of the Nespresso Essenza Mini is identical to that of all the other coffee makers of the brand. This model can offer you delicious, flavored and creamy coffee, cup after cup.
But that’s not all, you must know that this Nespresso coffee maker benefits from a patented extraction system that allows to accentuate the effects of the aromas.
Also, remember that this machine was designed to allow you to discover many flavors. It is no secret that the Nespresso brand offers a wide range of capsules in its points of sale as well as on its showcase sites. You can also find many compatible capsules in supermarkets.
Nespresso Essenza Mini Speed
We use household appliances to make life easier by simplifying housework. So the appliances must be ultra-fast, especially in the execution of tasks.
With the Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee maker, you don’t have to worry about anything. It is equipped with a Thermoblock heating system, which allows it to prepare a professional quality espresso in just 25 seconds.
It takes 15 seconds to dispense an espresso (40 ml) and 45 seconds for a long coffee (110 ml).
The Nespresso Mini is one of the fastest coffee makers available on the market. It fulfills the needs of all those who do not want to spend too much time brewing their coffee.
Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini Advantages
The primary function of the Nespresso Essenza Mini is to prepare espressos quickly and easily. It is equipped with several advanced technologies which greatly facilitate its use.
Two buttons with automatic coffee stops are located above the coffee maker. The one on the right allows you to start preparing a long coffee (110 ml), while the left button allows you to extract a short coffee (40 ml).
This machine starts up quickly as it is equipped with a Thermoblock system which limits the preheating time to 25 seconds.
The rapid heating system of the coffee maker extracts a long coffee (110 ml) in 45 seconds.
The Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini has a 19 bar high-pressure pump. It delivers remarkable and consistent coffee quality, day after day.
This coffee machine has the advantage of being ecological and energy-efficient.
More specifically, it automatically goes to sleep after 9 minutes of inactivity. You guessed right; this feature is meant to lower the level of energy consumption.
Ease of use
Brewing coffee is as easy as ever with the Nespresso Essenza Mini. This automatic coffee machine is equipped with simple and intuitive controls.
With a simple press of the appropriate button, the user can extract an espresso (40 ml) or a long coffee (110 ml). Currently, we don’t know of a faster way to make tasty, flavorful espresso.
The Essenza Mini Nespresso coffee maker is more practical than the other models of the brand due to its ultra-compact design.
How to maintain Krups Essenza Mini
The Krups Essenza Mini machine is very easy to clean, as it is made up of several removable elements (water tank, cup rest, drip tray, etc.). You can wash these items easily. Wash them separately with clean water, a sponge, and various detergents recommended by the manufacturer.
It is also recommended to descale the coffee maker at regular intervals to prolong its life. To descale, follow the instructions in the user manual that comes with the machine. You can also follow the videos that are available on the Nespresso site.
Power consumption Nespresso Essenza espresso machine
Krups Nespresso Mini is energy efficient. Its power level is between 1100 and 1310 Watts.
The Energy Saver mode activates after 9 minutes of inactivity. The power consumption of the machine drops to 0.1 Watt.
The sound level of Nespresso Espresso maker
Nespresso brand coffee makers are noisy and the Essenza Mini model is no exception to the rule. It generates noise during extraction.
On the other hand, you will be happy to learn that its noise level does not exceed 57 dB. It is well below that of the other models offered by the brand.
The durability of the coffee maker
The Essenza Mini model from Nespresso is largely made of plastic, although its design is quite ‘luxury’. However, this plastic is resistant to impact and fatigue. You can invest without fear in this coffee machine, because it is made to last over time.
Accessories and additional modules of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
You don’t have a lot of accessories that come with this machine. In fact, you can’t expect a cheaper Nespresso machine to have all the accessories you might need. An instruction booklet is more than enough for you. The user guide is included in your package so you can use the machine without any problem.
But, Nespresso is generous enough to provide you with 16 Original Line capsules to start with. So you can immediately enjoy a great espresso after purchasing it. It also has an information folder in case you need it.
Again, we would like to highlight which capsules to use. Once you have consumed all the capsules given with the welcome package, you can buy more online. Buy from the Nespresso website, Nespresso Club, Nespresso Boutique, or Amazon, and its partner retailers.
How to use Nespresso Essenza Mini?
Using the Nespresso Essenza Mini is as easy as child’s play. The user can’t make mistakes, as the machine has only two buttons.
- First of all, it will be necessary to check that the tank contains enough water because no light signal or sound alarm will warn you when the tank is empty.
- If the tank contains enough water, plug in the machine and press the Espresso button on the right or the Lungo button on the left to start preheating. The coffee maker will be ready after 25 seconds indicated by a steady light. Then lift the lever on the top of the machine and place the capsule in the slot. Now close the lever and place a cup under the coffee outlet.
- Press the Espresso (40ml) or Lungo (110ml) button to start. Preparation will start automatically and stop automatically as well. However, to manually stop the process, press the button again.
- Your coffee is now ready. Lift the lever and close it immediately to eject the used capsule into the container. The latter can receive up to 6 used capsules. Repeat the process as much as you want.
- Nespresso Krups Essenza Mini is a powerful single serve espresso machine. Unless you want to serve espresso to a crowd, Essenza is surely a very reliable machine for everyday home use. However, for every six coffee preparations, you must empty the used capsule container.
- Also, since the machine has a small water tank, you can only brew a maximum of 10 cups of coffee depending on your choice of coffee drink and the volume of water you want. So be sure to check the water level before using the machine.
Suggested Read : The 5 Best Bean To Cup Coffee Machines
How to clean and descale the Krups Nespresso Essenza Mini?
- Since it is a small machine, it is not difficult to clean the exterior daily. You can use a clean cloth or paper to clean the coffee outlet, and the inside of the machine can be wiped with a damp cloth.
- Remove the water tank, drip tray, drip base, and drip grid for cleaning. You can wash them all with odorless detergent, especially the water tank. Rinse them with lukewarm or hot water to make sure they are cleaned well. Wipe them with a clean cloth or paper.
- In addition to daily cleaning, it is also necessary to descale the machine and the water tank. To remove calcium deposits in the reservoir, you must use the Nespresso descaling agent. The proper handling of the agent and the procedure should be known as they can be harmful.
- Descaling the Mini Essenza Nespresso is not everyone’s business. It requires care and knowledge because it can damage your machine. In addition, the use of the descaling solution requires proper handling knowledge. The whole process may take 15 minutes of uninterrupted operation.
- For the complete step-by-step descaling process, refer to the product manual. You will also find troubleshooting procedures in case the machine exhibits unexpected behavior.
The technical characteristics of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Weight: 2.3 Kg
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 8.4 x 20.4 x 33 cm
- Pressure: 19 bars
- Power: 1200 Watts
- Voltage: 240 Volts
- Water tank capacity: 0, 6 L
- Capacity of the container for used capsules: 6
- Heating time: 25 seconds
- Automatic shut-off function: yes
- Sound level: 57 decibels
Strengths of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
- Ultra-compact design
- Easy to use and clean
- Fast heating time (25 seconds)
- 2 programmable cup lengths
- Professional quality coffee
- A wide choice of Nespresso capsules and compatible capsules to meet all needs tastes
- Standby and automatic shutdown
- Affordable price.
Weak points of the Nespresso Essenza Mini
- No alarm for descaling
- No alert when the water tank is empty
- Low capacity of the water tank
- High noise level for the most sensitive.
Nespresso Essenza Mini Capsules
You should know that the Nespresso brand markets a wide range of capsules in order to meet the expectations of all coffee lovers.
Volluto, Ristretto or Stormio, there is something for all tastes and desires. You can therefore brighten up your taste buds with many flavors and fragrances.
To obtain original capsules, you can go to the nearest Nespresso point of sale or to one of the brand’s online sales sites. However, the latter are sold at higher than average prices (36 euro cents).
If you want to save money, know that it is also possible to find compatible capsules in all supermarkets.
Tips for Essenza Mini Nespresso (Get most out of Essenza Mini)
Do you want your Nespresso Essenza Mini machine to remain functional for a long time and be able to deliver delicious espressos? Please refer to following rules:
- Take care to strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Preferably choose quality capsules for best results.
- Clean your machine regularly and efficiently.
- Perform the descaling with the descaling products offered by Nepresso.
- Regularly empty the capsule container.
Why do you need to descale your Nespresso Krups Essenza Mini coffee maker?
It is important to know that lime is the number one enemy of coffee machines. However, it is present in the water we use every day.
When you are using the Nespresso machine, lime settles naturally in the pipes. Over time, it ends up clogging the pipes, which can permanently compromise the proper functioning of the machine.
Only regular descaling can protect your coffee maker from lime attack and improve its life expectancy.
But that’s not all, also know that in large quantities, lime can affect the taste of coffee. The descaling operation is the only guarantee for obtaining great-tasting coffee, day after day.
Most manufacturers recommend descaling machines at least twice a year. If, on the other hand, you live in an area where the water is very hard, it would be better to do so more frequently.
Nespresso Mini Essenza vs Nespresso Inissia
These two Nespresso coffee machines are very similar especially when it comes to performance, functionality and cup rendering.
On the other hand, they differ completely in terms of ergonomics. As its name suggests, the Krups Essenza Mini is a reduced model. Its dimensions are therefore smaller than those of the Nespresso Inissia, it is also the case of the water tank.
Also note that the Nespresso Inissia is cheaper compared to the Nespresso Essenza Mini machine.
Is Nespresso Mini Essenza suitable for you?
For beginners, it is a bit difficult to learn the exact coffee to water ratio. If you’re a busy person who doesn’t have an interest in grinding your coffee and making your own recipe, you don’t need a grinder and espresso machine.
What you need is the Nespresso Essenza Mini. Anyone, especially busy and frequent coffee drinkers, will need this machine. It is aimed at real espresso lovers who do not want to spend a lot of time brewing their coffee. It is the first choice for busy employees.
With the use of Nespresso capsules, you can prepare your favorite espresso with a minimum of work. And, since you are using capsules, the consistency of the coffee has NEVER been an issue. Disposing of coffee and cleaning is also not a burden.
Nespresso Essenza Mini is the ultimate espresso machine for people who are always on the go. It is affordable, convenient, and very easy to use. Of course, it delivers great-tasting coffee.
Its compact design makes it perfectly suited to the needs of anyone who does not have large spaces. It is the smallest machine in the Nespresso range. Choose this model without hesitation if your kitchen is narrow or if you are running a small business.
The Nespresso Essenza Mini machine is inexpensive. It’s perfect for people on a budget who still want to enjoy professional-quality espresso all the time.
You may also read : Nespresso Vertuoline With Aeroccino Plus Automatic Milk Frother
Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee machine price
To offer yourself an Essenza Mini machine, you must plan between 65 and 110 euros. You can buy it at the best price by taking the time to compare prices according to the colors.
For example, the black Essenza Mini machine is cheaper compared to the white one. In total, you have the choice between 5 colors (white, flint gray, ebony black, ruby red or lime green).
Where to buy a cheap Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee maker?
Consider going to a reputable merchant site to buy your Essenza Mini coffee maker. So you can be sure to avoid unpleasant surprises. The leader in e-commerce Amazon really inspires confidence.
Final thoughts : Krups Espresso Machine Mini
The Nespresso Essenza Mini coffee maker is one of the flagship products of the Nespresso brand. It combines ease of use and beauty. In addition to that, it incorporates technology that allows it to enjoy finest quality espresso.
Nespresso Essenza makes a great espresso in minutes. Quick to heat up, so you don’t have to wait a few minutes for the machine to be ready. And since its Nespresso, you know it’s a reliable espresso machine.
Having an Essenza at home is really a smart move, rather than going to the local cafe or spending too much on complicated espresso machines.
But, if you want to develop your barista skills or enjoy grinding your own coffee beans, this and all Nespresso products are not for you. Nespresso machines only accept capsules and reusable capsules filled with coffee grounds.
In short, note that the Nespresso Essenza Mini machine is not expensive. It is perfect for anyone on a budget. We recommend it for its reliability and its unbeatable value for money.