INTRODUCTION TO MICROWAVE OVEN AND TOASTER OVEN COMBO
Having a separate microwave oven and a toaster oven means engaging a good portion of your earnings and kitchen space. Why not avail a be-suited solution if there is one. A microwave toaster oven combo is indeed a be-suited solution. After all, you require both.
So, if your hunt for the best microwave toaster oven combination is on, we are glad to help you with the best available options and the ultimate guide.
It is a fact that the microwave oven is a one-stop solution to our too tired, too lazy, or running short of time routine. From heating; defrosting to brewing beverages, we always use it. Now, if that one place also does baking, grilling, broiling, and roasting, how great will it be! Fantastic! And that’s what a microwave toaster oven combo does in reality.
You can also read history or toaster oven here.
- INTRODUCTION TO MICROWAVE OVEN AND TOASTER OVEN COMBO
- Toshiba ECO42A5C-BC Microwave Oven
- BEST MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBO
- HOW DOES A MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBO WORK?
- BENEFITS OF MICROWAVE TOASTER COMBO
- FEATURES TO CONSIDER- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST MICROWAVE AND TOASTER OVEN COMBO
- DO’S AND DON’TS OF USING A MICROWAVE OVEN TOASTER OVEN COMBINATION.
- HOW DOES A TRADITIONAL MICROWAVE OVEN WORK?
- HOW TO USE THE MICROWAVE CORRECTLY
- WHAT YOU CAN COOK IN THE MICROWAVE:
- ALTERNATIVE TO MICROWAVE OVEN
- FAQS: – THE BEST MICROWAVE AND TOASTER OVEN COMBO
- THE FINAL WORD: BEST MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBINATION
WHAT IS A MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBINATION?
A microwave and toaster oven combination is ‘the machine can perform all the job of a microwave oven as well as toaster function is available’. The combination toaster oven and microwave circulates hot air to toast the bread in such a way that it does not get burned.
It is extra weapon in your kitchen arsenal. It ensures more versatile cooking options in a single appliance.
Toshiba microwave toaster oven combo with microwave and convection cooking in one appliance, with auto bake, defrosting and auto roast menus.
BEST MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBO
Here is the list of best microwave toaster oven combination that has been reviewed by our team and chosen by real-time users:
1. Toshiba ECO42A5C-BC Microwave Oven
Why I recommend: – This Toshiba countertop model never allows the humidity level to exceed while cooking. Its built-in sensor constantly detects the humidity level and automatically adjusts the time and temperature. So, you know- that you cook get perfectly done.
Features: – The sleek 1.5 cu. ft. microwave oven uses its 1000-watt power and 4-auto roast options to cook a whole turkey, chicken, or meat to perfection in the easy-to-clean stainless steel interior. Its 4-auto bake menu does the same with cakes, cookies, and bread. It does all the other activities, from making popcorn to defrosting, with the 13 menus.
Extra Miles: – The countertop microwave oven combo comes with the power-saving ECO mode, the child safety lock, and a built-in timer. It has pre-programmed menus and 10 power levels that generate optimum results. If you want to turn off the sound, press the mute button for 3 seconds.
Inclusion: – 1 turntable, 2 grill rack, 1 manual.
2. Toshiba ML2-EC10SA (BS) Microwave Oven
Why I recommend: – This microwave convection toaster oven has many fortes: the low-temperature cooking mode that ferments yogurt raises dough, dehydrates fruits, the odor removal feature that drains out the odor and sanitizes the cavity after every use, the position memory turntable that resets to its initial position after every use and the ECO mode that cuts down the energy consumption to 50%. Rare combination!
Features: – The 1.0 cu. Ft. capacity is one of the microwave oven combo with the combination of microwave air fryer and convection that roasts, bake, broil, and fry food fast and evenly. And for the operation, it has got 25 pre-set menu options- 10 for air fry, 4 for low-temperature cooking, and 11 for microwave. It also has a one-touch popcorn button.
Extra Mile: – Besides performance, the small air fryer microwave toaster oven combo slays with its classy black stainless steel finish. The stainless steel also forms the internal cavity equipped with LED light for a crystal clear vision of the cooking process.
Inclusion: – 1 turntable, 2 grill racks, 1 grill tray, and 1 manual.
3. Cuisinart CMW-200 Microwave oven
Best microwave toaster oven combo 2022
Why I recommend: – What if you do not have to switch to different functions while cooking a dish in the microwave? Sound unusual, but this Cuisinart model is designed with multi-stage cooking option technology. This technology lets you program the oven to automatically switch to 2-3 selected functions in a sequence- defrost a dish, microwave it, and grill it. Truly convenient!
Features: – The Cuisinart toaster and microwave combo claims to make you feel like a gourmet chef with its 9 pre-set menus and 8 cooking functions. It has 9 temperature control and a kitchen timer button, all are feather-touch switches, easy to operate. Its convection roast and convection bake facilitate faster roasting and baking.
Extra Mile: – The countertop microwave toaster oven combo has a complete stainless steel structure. The exterior has brushed stainless steel construction with an embossed logo and dark tinted glass window. The internal cavity is of polished stainless steel designed with odor-absorbent feature.
Inclusion: – 1 turntable, a grill rack, a manual, and a recipe book.
4. Panasonic Homechef CD87KS Microwave Oven
Best toaster oven and microwave combo chosen by customers.
Why I recommend: – Panasonic multi-functional microwave convection toaster oven combo is designed with Flash Xpress broiler. What does it do? A flash express broiler toast, brown and crisp food to perfection. You get that desired brownish or charred texture.
Features: – Homechef is a 4-in-1 appliance- an air fryer, a broiler, a microwave, and an oven perfect for convection baking up to 425 F. It has a capacity of 1.2 cubic feet. But the best part is the Patented Inverter technology with a Genius sensor which creates even heat to maintain a uniform temperature while cooking.
Extra Mile: – Homechef is designed with a custom, built-in look; very aesthetic and sleek. It means it fits like a built-in appliance in the upgraded kitchen. It has a 14.2” turntable where you can put a whole chicken for the roast.
Inclusion: – Air fry basket, enameled tray, and wire rack.
5. Emerson MWG9115SB Microwave Oven
Best budget microwave toaster combo.
Why I recommend: – If you are looking for a microwave toaster combo within your limited budget, this oven perfectly satisfies your need of all kinds. At an unbelievably in-expensive price, this countertop combo oven is a tough competitor to all the bests on the list.
Features: – In the 1.2 cubic feet microwave convection toaster oven, you can bake the tastiest cake, muffins, and bread or roast a whole turkey or chicken for thanksgiving or a party. Its 9 pre-programmed recipe settings with 11 power levels and 2 combi power ensure faster optimum result.
Extra Mile: – The Emerson combo oven is a model built for your countertop. Its subtle brushed metallic front and black cabinet add functionality and style to the kitchen. Its polished metallic handle adds to the look, and the 99-minute and 99-second-timer keep a check on the cooking time.
Inclusion: – removable glass turntable.
6. Galanz GSWWA16S1SA10 Microwave Oven
Best toaster microwave combo with Air-fryer
Why I recommend: – Though air fryers are in huge demand, the new generation combo microwave oven solves the need, especially if you don’t have one. This Galanz microwave oven falls in that category. It is not only a microwave toaster combo but an air fryer microwave toaster oven, just like the others on this list.
Features: – This 3-in-1 microwave oven consumes 1000 watts of power and has a capacity of 1.6 cubic feet. It works with combi-speed technology that generates ultimate results in less time. The 10 cooking programs and express cooking knob help in the functioning, baking, air frying, and roasting. This microwave oven is designed with Patented Inverter technology, like the Panasonic Homechef microwave oven.
Extra Miles: – The countertop combo oven has a classy, sleek look with a black and stainless steel finish. It has got a sturdy ergonomic handle and smooth touch control panel with LED display.
Inclusion: – Air fry kit, baking, and roasting pan.
HOW DOES A MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBO WORK?
Microwave toaster oven combo is not very popular in the kitchen but still they have their own place.
Microwave with toaster oven works using a broiler to produce heat. The process is more like a conventional oven.
Microwave toaster combo works on a much smaller scale than a traditional microwave but produces similar result.
Microwave toaster combination prepares perfectly brown food by creating a hot environment. It heats up food immediately you put the food inside and switch it on.
BENEFITS OF MICROWAVE TOASTER COMBO
- Budget-friendly: Not only; does the appliance save space, but it also saves you money in the long run.
- Versatility: Think of all the things you can do! You can cook delicious crispy dishes, bake, grill, and make pizzas.
- Spacious: Microwave-toaster combos are often larger than conventional microwaves, giving you plenty of space for cooking.
- User-friendly: The microwave toaster oven is easy to use. The manual and the pre-set options provide all kinds of help.
Advantages of microwave and toaster oven combo
- Toaster microwave combo makes crispy and perfect brown food. The hot and dry food processing never allows food to be rubbery.
- Toaster oven has easy option to adjust heat level. No chance of burning food, you can keep your food warm for some time.
- As it is a combination of toaster and microwave, you can use it as replacement of two kitchen appliances.
- You don’t need bake ware for your toaster oven microwave combo as appliances that you can put in oven is compatible with it.
- A microwave toaster combo countertop takes less space in your kitchen as they are not bulky like a microwave or convection ovens.
Disadvantages of toaster oven microwave combo
- Toaster oven microwave is not good for frozen food. It will take longer to cook frozen food and sometime makes food too dry to eat.
- Some model of toaster oven is not so energy efficient; it will increase your energy bill.
- Outside walls of the toaster oven tend to get heated. Be careful; do not touch it while in operation.
FEATURES TO CONSIDER- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST MICROWAVE AND TOASTER OVEN COMBO
Choose the microwave toaster oven with a powerful heating element that can create heat up to 450F. It should be, also versatile enough to do multiple forms of cooking. Do also check out the heating type it offers- convection mode or circulation mode (units with both options are sold).
Focus on the dimension of the combo oven, and take measurements of your counter space before making a purchase. Remember this appliance needs proper ventilation while operating, so it requires good space for installation. Make sure it is away from your gas stove or the cooktops.
Controls and Pre-sets
Your microwave and toaster combo must have all the pre-set options it needs- functions of a toaster, oven, and microwave. The pre-sets and controls must-have user interface designs, like the ergonomic rotary dial or easy-to-read touch buttons.
Check for the warranty of the appliance before purchasing. It builds trust in the brand. The renowned and reputed brand offers a long-term warranty with a separate one for functional parts.
Additional features like the child lock feature, auto shut feature, and built-in timer make the appliance safe from all aspects and elevate the chance of getting short-listed.
The power of the best microwave toaster combo must range from 1000 to 1200 watts. However, the one between 600-1000 watts is perfect for a small batch.
Start looking for a toaster microwave oven that focuses on how simple and easy it is to clean the rotating crumb tray or turntable, interior. It maintains the hygiene of the appliance, which is a factor of concern.
DO’S AND DON’TS OF USING A MICROWAVE OVEN TOASTER OVEN COMBINATION.
- Turn off the microwave in standby mode when not in use (if you don’t know how to do it, unplug it!).
- Use glass or porcelain and plastic containers that are marked oven safe. Do check the symbols- a box with squiggly lines in the middle, or #5 (indicate made from polypropylene). They indicate microwave-safe.
- To heat bread, pizzas cover it with baking paper or absorbent paper. For cooking and reheating sauce, thick gravies always cover it.
- Never put aluminium foil or containers, stainless steel vessels, and crockeries with a metallic rim in the microwave oven. They reflect the energy instead of absorbing it and can cause destroying spark or start a fire.
- Never make a boiled egg in a microwave. Because of the rapid heating, steam gets created inside the egg, resulting in a dangerous and messy explosion.
- Do not operate the microwave oven when the oven is empty.
- Refrain from putting hot peppers in the microwave oven. They can catch fire, and the heat releases the chemicals that can burn your eyes when you open the door.
- Single-use plastic has BPA. So, never put it in the microwave oven. It melts and releases the chemical in the food.
- Never thaw or defrost frozen meat in the appliance because the uneven distribution of heat can cause the growth of bacteria.
- Do not place tightly closed containers in the microwave oven.
- If using grill mode and the combination, never use plastic containers.
HOW DOES A TRADITIONAL MICROWAVE OVEN WORK?
The first microwave appeared in 1955. The appliance uses microwaves (electromagnetic waves) to heat or cook food. Below, we explain how a microwave works :
- The microwave is made up of a main device, the magnetron. The electric current (compound electron) flows from a cathode (negative charge ) to an anode ( positive charge ).
- The electrons are attracted with a strong magnet and create a vortex as they pass through several hollow cavities. This is called electromagnetic waves.
- The electromagnetic waves, composed of a magnetic field, are conveyed inside the enclosure via a wave stirrer for a homogeneous distribution.
- The enclosure is a metal box in which the microwaves reflect and penetrate foods containing water molecules.
- The water molecule aligns with the magnetic field, which changes polarity 2.5 billion times per second.
- The friction generated by the water molecules produces heat to heat or cook food.
HOW TO USE THE MICROWAVE CORRECTLY
Here are some general tips on using microwaves for heating and cooking food.
- To save electricity, we recommend that you turn off the microwave in standby mode when not in use (if you don’t know how to do it, just unplug it!).
- Never put aluminum or metal containers in the microwave oven.
- Do not operate the microwave oven when the oven is empty.
- You can use glass or porcelain and plastic containers that are marked oven safe.
- To heat food (bread, pizza, etc.), it is preferable to cover it with baking paper or to wrap it completely in absorbent paper.
- Do not place tightly closed containers in the microwave oven.
- If grill mode is used, plastic containers cannot be used. Plastic should be avoided when using the combination microwave oven.
WHAT YOU CAN COOK IN THE MICROWAVE:
Here are the microwaves cooking times for foods that can be cooked in this type of oven.
- To cook a whole fish in the microwave, it takes 7-8 minutes at 600 watts, although the intensity varies depending on the size of the fish.
- For cooking meat in the microwave, a power of 360 watts is recommended.
- For cooking vegetables, a power of 600 watts is recommended.
- If you want to reheat or cook pre-cooked lasagna, to avoid a too soft consistency, at the end of cooking, set the grill mode for a few minutes.
- If you want to prepare an omelet, you can do it with the microwave oven avoiding frying, also in this case, at the end of cooking; you can set the grill mode.
- All foods that have skin – tomatoes, potatoes, sausages… – must be pitted before placing in the microwave. For this reason, you cannot cook hard-boiled eggs in the microwave, they will explode.
- The microwave enhances the taste of salt and aromas, so use them in moderation.
ALTERNATIVE TO MICROWAVE OVEN
For a comparison of microwave ovens to be complete, it is interesting to take into account the alternatives that may exist.
And in this regard, opinions are unanimous: it is quite difficult to find a microwave equivalent that is as fast as it for reheating, defrosting and cooking food.
The only device on the market that comes close is the infrared oven, which uses the heat of light to cook food.
Its operation is simple: the infrared will heat the entire oven cavity and in particular the water in the bottom of the dish where the food is placed.
Once the temperature has risen, the water will boil and steam the food.
Even though this device is slower than a traditional oven, it is still the microwave that remains the best in terms of speed.
Which is the best microwave and toaster oven?
Toshiba ECO42A5C-BC Microwave Oven is the best microwave and toaster oven with convection mode as rated and reviews by majority of the users.
Which is the best budget-friendly microwave and toaster oven combo?
Cuisinart manufactures the best microwave and toaster oven combo whose price lies within $200. It is followed by the renowned brand Toshiba whose price range $200-$220.
Which is the best air fryer microwave toaster oven combo?
Panasonic and Galanz designs one of the best microwave toaster oven combo with air fryer.
How much space does a microwave oven require?
Leave 3-inches of space on both the sides and at the front and a inch space at the back to ensure the safe use of the product.
Does a convection microwave a good replacement to a toaster oven?
A toaster oven does better toasting, but a convection microwave is faster at making that toast than a toaster oven, with its combo settings. Regardless, convection microwave oven is a serviceable toaster oven substitute.
Which is better a toaster oven or a microwave oven?
Toaster ovens use more energy (1,200-1,800 watts) than microwaves (700-1,300 watts). Furthermore, since toaster ovens take long time, the energy consumption exceeds with time. The microwave is an energy-efficient appliance, regardless it has the EnergyStar certification or not.
THE FINAL WORD: BEST MICROWAVE TOASTER OVEN COMBINATION
Though the list is short, these are the best-referred microwave toaster combo ovens available. Users have appreciated them both in terms of look and performance. Today, these microwave toaster ovens have become a must-have for a small kitchen or a fully functional one. After all, they help to cook a big batch simultaneously, even if you have a toaster or rotisserie oven.